The long-long awaited update for N900 flash player has been leaked (Ver. 10.1). I don't know how it leaked and who leaked it but it is now available for us to download and install in N900 and update Flash 9.4 to Ver 10.1.
It seems that Adobe released the update for N900 but Nokia never bothered to give it to the Community or release it for N900. Before you update Flash Player let me first give you a usual warning.
IF YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG OR YOU BROKE YOUR DEVICE THEN I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE.
Now you have read the warning lets start updating after the break.
Updating is quite straight forward and short. You just have to enter some commands and then you are good to go. Ok Lets start:
1. First you have to remove old flash player by typing this in Xterminal:
apt-get remove --purge adobe-flashplayer
2. Download new version of Flash from HERE (first link provided pinochio and then reuploaded by me). Note: Alternative download link is at end of the page.
3. When you downloaded Flash 10 deb file. put it in MyDocs or in N900, don't put it in any folder. Then write this in Xterminal.
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/adobe-flashplayer-10.deb
4. When terminal is done with installation then we have to fake its version from 10.1 to 12 to make Youtube and embedded facebook videos run. For this we need a hex editor. Type in terminal to install hexeditor:
apt-get install hexedit
5. When done installing hex editor type this in terminal to open Flash player file in hex editor:
6. When hex editor opens then follow these instructions carefully:
Press CTRL+S and type in 31302e31 and press enter, the string you've just found need to be changed to 31322e31
Now, press CTRL+S, type "y" and search for 31302c31 and change it to 31322c31
7. When replacing. Press CTRL+S and type ''y'' again to save this file.
8. Now close terminal and enjoy a new faked flash Player version 126.96.36.199
All thanks goes to the person leaked flash player and sEKI for the guide.
Link to Original post: LINK
Alternative download link for deb file: 4Shared