Hamster filer is a alternative file manager same as like Filebox created by Gidzz. Hamster Filer is a good alternative to N900's default file manager which lakes root access and modifying of root files like kernel profiles, conversation themes etc.
It is still in beta stage and is in Extras-Devel repo and same devel warning applies. But it haven't effected my system so proceed carefully. And if you don't know what you are doing please leave now as i will not be responsible if it damaged your system.
- Copy, move, link and delete files and folders, including root privileges (restart required)
- Parallel file operations with logging -- do many things at the same time and browse the history (Ctrl+O)
- FileBox-like clipboard (Ctrl+P) with configurable behavior
- Location bar with buttons and path editor (Ctrl+L or press and hold one of the buttons)
- Opening files with default or user-defined applications (enter "application-name %s" in the command field)
- Bookmarks (Ctrl+B)
- Customizable view: hidden files (Ctrl+H), grid/list view (Ctrl+G), a (currently very limited) choice of file details to show, fullscreen view, location bar that can be hidden
- Displaying (but not generating, yet) thumbnails, MIME icons
- Creating empty files and folders
- Sending files via Bluetooth and email
- Multi-selection (Ctrl+S)
There are a few more keyboard shortcuts, like Left end Right to go up/down the filesystem hierarchy when in the list view, Ctrl+A to select all, and maybe others which I forgot to mention. If you don't want to pull out the keyboard, filter box can be shown by swiping up from the very bottom of the screen.
Same procedure as other apps.
Installing Via terminal:
run Xterminal and type:
apt-get upate (enter)
apt-get install hamsterfiler (enter)
Installing via HAM (Application Manager)
Run application Manager
click on Download and wait for it to load application list.
When loaded, press menu and select Refresh when done select All and search Hamster Filer and install it