Community Update version is T-maemo5 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5 (11.09.2012)).
There is also a small update released immediately after this update to fix a typo.
Version: T-maemo5.1(21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5.1 (11.09.2012)).
Here is note from Merlin1991 regarding Operator Name Widget
"Note: Install the Operator Name Widget update prior to updating the cssu, otherwise you'll have dependency problems. It can be safely removed after the cssu update."
Changelog and How To update after the break.
Chnagelog: (Be prepared a huge changelog is comming)
- Fixed bug #12560: alarmd does not correctly replace [COOKIE] in exec string
- Disable redrawing lineedit window after SIGWINCH signal. This fixes (forced) portrait mode.
- Added system wide Community SSU catalogues, domains and (gpg) keys files
- Added script community-ssu-disabler
- Updated to 7.26.0, fixes ipv6 dns problems.
- Fixed bug #10233: curl does not support certificates with a SHA-2 signature
- Remove lines with empty value from VCARD string (except required fields)
- Reenabled Red Pill mode.
- Removed the missleading PC Suite error message.
- Fixed int overflow in cache updated time check.
- Make blurless desaturation tweak really blurless.
- Desaturate the window thumb, when it's about to close.
- Fixed bug #12566: CVE-2011-2834 DoS via double free in XPath handling
- Fixed bug #12555: CVE-2010-1205: Buffer overflow in embedded libpng
- Fixed bug #12564: Daemon does not shut down properly when no connection and browser closed when connection dialog opens
- Enabled horizontal scrolling in settings dialog.
- Updated to 0.46, fixes various car-kit issues
- Initial support for call history in PBAP/IrMC
- Added support for custom operator names.
- Renamed package to connui-home-cellular.
- Removed log buttons.
- Fixed eapd recovery.
- Added support for configuring more settings: reverse colours, always scroll, # of scrollback lines
- Enable jackbias when headset or microphone is accessible in policy prolog code
- Enable jackbias when headset switch is enabled in alsaped.conf
- Improved performance of partial updates in raster window surface on X11.
- Fixed invalid/NULL pointer in get_folder_status, prevent heap corruption in list.
- Added warning to file /etc/fstab that this file is autogenerated at startup.
- Allow executing applications and shell scripts on fat partitions.
- Fixed a typo in the busybox dependencies.
There are basically two ways to update.
1st: Open HAM (Application Manager) then click on "Download" wait for it to complete then click Menu and Select Refresh/Update (i dont remember it as im not having my N900 now).
2nd: Open Xterminal and type:
apt-get update (wait for it to finish)
when above process is finished doing update then write
apt-get upgrade (this will update your phone)
DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING PLEASE DON'T DO IT AS YOU MAY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE.