DropN900 is a python based dropbox client for N900. DropN900 was released by jonnenau, a Maemo5 developer. Here screenshot for main screen.
Features Currently present in DropN900:
- Login with your DropBox email and password, one time authentication. An oauth access token is used on later sessions. You can remove auth when you like and re-login with same or another DropBox account.
- Full DropBox access. Read/write to everything in your dropbox account.
- Synchronizing a DropBox path both ways (upload/download)
- Create new folder, rename file/folder, upload file, download file, remove file/folder.
- Image file thumbnail preview, loading animations and showing results for actions.
- Threaded networking (non-bloking) so you'll have a smooth user experience while network I/O is happening. Threaded file writing for same reason.
- Monitoring and requesting network connections from device.
- App settings for various things.
- Transfer Manager for monitoring active transfers and transfer history.
- python-dropbox-client - packaged by developer
- python-oauth - packaged by developer
- python-poster - packaged by developer
This app was developed a long time ago and last upate was released on 24.11.2010. so basically this app should be available in repos already and we don't have to refresh them in order to install this app.
This app is still in Extras-Devel. In order to install it you need to enable Extras-Devel (Click Here to enable) repo. If you have enabled it already then you don't have to enable it. Please keep in mind that Extras-Devel repo is not for normal users. So think twice before you activate it as I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO ANYTHING WRONG TO YOUR DEVICE.
Follow these steps to install DropN900:
Open HAM (Application Manager) and select ''Download''; wait for the app list to load and then select ''All'' and search for DropN900 and install it. Packge is dependent on above listed apps and will install them automatically.
If you don't want to use HAM and want to be a bit geek then Open Xterminal and type:
apt-get install dropn900 (enter)
Thats all folks. Enjoy